Here’s some recent cheery U.S. news.
- Repeal Obamacare without a replacement using a budget move? Republican Senators Bob Corker of Tennessee, Rob Portman of Ohio, Susan Collins of Maine, Bill Cassidy of Louisiana, and Lisa Murkowski of Alaska say no.
- Which is maybe enough to kill the idea totally.
- About three weeks ago, an 8 year old dressed up as Ruth Bader Ginsburg for superhero day. Ruth Bader Ginsburg saw it, and just sent her a handwritten note. Ruth Bader Ginsburg is always watching.
- If you’re feeling at all alone in your dislike of Trump, don’t! The majority of us agree on this one. It’s not just that he lost the popular vote; at this point, only 41% of voters approve of how he’s doing. He got 46% of the vote, so that means even some Trump voters now agree he’s a disaster-seeking ass.
You normally get a boost in popularity after you win, so this is maybe the best and most liked he ever gets. Here’s his ceiling: “While his favorable rating has improved since the election, 51% still hold an unfavorable view of him and just 41% are favorable.” That’s the best he can do, when he’s all promises and no “show me the money.” This is honeymoon Trump. Negative 10. Talk about your non-mandate. It’s not just you. The silent majority also think he’s gross.
- You know how there are groups to get more women to run, racial minorities to run, vets to run, etc? There’s also now a PAC devoted to getting more people with science backgrounds into office, 314 Action. They’re interested in all levels of government, and they sound pretty formidable. Science!